Monday, January 4, 2010

Club Photography



I gave club photography a try at Leather & Lace at the Inferno which always has interesting and great attire. I wanted to try out my new Cybersync Mod made for the style I was going after. I wanted the cool background ambient of club lights, lasers, etc. I felt if you use on-camera flash, the light is projected out like a headlight and either washes out or kills off too much of the ambient. So I used an off-camera handheld hot-shoe flash with my mod mentioned in a previous post at 1/16th power. For a diffuser, I used the built-in bounce card as I didn't need to totally light my subjects. I decided the light high, camera left as I was shooting with my right, and aim it down like a spotlight allowing the background to show but it depended on what I was shooting. After some experimenting, from what I could see on my LCD, I liked the results best at 1/5 sec, 800 iso, with rear curtain sync. More pics.