Friday, January 22, 2010

Toy Students ala tilt-shift

With all the buzz that my Miniature Madison Faux Tilt-Shift collection has gotten, naturally the next step is to try it with video as my K-7 has video functionality. Granted it's winter time and things may not be as conducive to the effect (I like the way trees look when miniaturized) and the set up for shooting wasn't what I wanted. I shot this from the upper deck of the Van Hise building on the UW-Madison Campus. When I got there, I had found that the unremoved snow had drifted waist high along the balcony wall I wanted to shoot from. And given the recent below zero temperatures we had, I was no way going to be able to shoot where I wanted. I found a spot by a planter that was knee to thigh-high and set up my tripod there. So here's my first attempt at a tilt-shift video shot during class break.